- Two heads of broccoli, chopped
- One onion – I used a medium sized yellow onion but just use whatever you have on hand
- Two cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a heavy bottomed large pot to medium heat with olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute or until it becomes fragrant – making sure not to burn it.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add broccoli and chicken stock. Stir and bring heat down to low-medium.
- Cover pot and leave alone for 30-minutes.
- After 30-minutes make sure the veggies are tender by poking at them with a fork.
- If you have an immersion blender (which you should because it’s the best invention of all time and makes pureeing soup the easiest thing ever) blend the veggies in the pot until smooth. If you don’t, use a blender to puree soup until smooth.
- I added a teaspoon of sour cream at the end to the entire pot and stirred it up to add just a touch of creaminess.
- I served this with chopped bacon and Parmesan, but it was delicious on it’s own.