- 1 box macaroni and cheese (the one I used was 7.25 ounces)
- 1 diced shallot
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek yogurt, separated (I used Fage 0%)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow instructions for cook-time on noodles for macaroni.
- While macaroni is cooking, heat a large pan to medium heat with teaspoon of oil and lightly brown the shallots.
- Add ground turkey and bell peppers. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Once cooked through, put heat on low.
- Follow instructions for cheese on package, except add one tablespoon non-frat Greek yogurt.
- Drizzle cheese over turkey meat. Slowly add the remaining tablespoons of yogurt until it reaches your desired thickness. I used two additional tablespoons.
- Drain macaroni and add to turkey. Coat macaroni with turkey sauce.
- Pour macaroni and turkey into an oven safe pan. I used a 9×13 Pyrex glass dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Viola! Cheesy, macaroni goodness…..and it’s really not that bad for you!