Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 package 12oz package of spaghetti (For you fellow Celiacs out there, I swear by this brand).
- 6 garlic cloves, finely diced (We like an obscene amount of garlic. You may want to cut back on this.)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package. I typically salt the water and add a bit of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, bring olive oil to medium heat in a large pan. Add garlic and let simmer for a minute or two until it gets to be golden brown.
- Add shallots and bring heat down to medium-low. Let shallots cook until translucent. Bring the heat down to low.
- Drain pasta and rinse well. Give it a really good shake after being rinsed to get rid of the excess water.
- Add pasta to garlic and shallots. Toss well and if you like, add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately topped with parmesan. And if you’re lucky enough – serve with shaved black truffle.