- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups leeks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons non-fat thick greek yogurt at room temperature. (I used fage)
- Roughly chop all ingredients.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pot to medium (I used my le creuset) and after the pot is heated add oil.
- Throw in roughly chopped garlic cloves and allow to simmer for a minute – do NOT let them brown.
- Throw in leeks and simmer for two minutes
- Throw in cauliflower and mix everything together well.
- Add salt ( I used about a 1 1/2 teaspoons, but I don’t like things too salty, so you might want to use more). Mix well again.
- Add 3/4 cup water, stir well and turn heat down to low.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 30-minutes.
- Make sure cauliflower is soft. Then use a hand-held immersion blender and blend ingredients until smooth, but slightly lumpy. (If you don’t have an immersion blender just transfer to a food processor or blender.)
- After ingredients are blended stir in the room temperature yogurt.
- And BOOM. You have a delicious, creamy, filling AND HEALTHY “mashed potato”!