Makes 2 servings
- 6 small slices of bread (I used Udi’s Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread, which I defrosted as I keep it in the freezer.)
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup half and half (or any milk you have in the fridge.)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar (if you like things sweet, use 1 tablespoon.)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (literally a tiny pinch)
- A few sprinkles of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek yogurt, like Fage
- 1 tablespoon jam or jelly
- Fresh fruit
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together eggs, half & half, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Dip bread into mixture, completely coating both sides and soaking for about 30 seconds. Put coated bread on a plate and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Over medium-low heat, spray a medium sized pan with cooking spray.
- Place 2-4 slices in pan at a time and cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes on both sides.
- Plate with three pieces of toast per person. Top with 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt and 1/2 tablespoon jam. Serve with fruit. I used blood oranges and pineapple. It was the perfect combination of tart and sweet – semi-sweet if you will.