Makes 4 servings.
- One 16oz (1lb) bag frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon truffle butter (If you don’t have this, don’t worry about it. Just use regular butter. The peas will still be magical.)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cool water
- Pour frozen peas into a medium pot over medium heat. Put water over pease to help defrost and cover the pot.
- Once peas are defrosted check and see if there is a lot of liquid in the pot. If there is, throw the peas through a strainer. Nothing is worse than watery peas.
- Put peas back in the pot once drained, if needed, and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bring pot to low heat.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon truffle butter, or regular butter. If you don’t have truffle butter you can also finely dice up 1/4 cup mushrooms and throw them in. They don’t pack the same punch as truffle butter, but it will taste delicious.
- Once butter is mixed in, add the parmesan cheese so it gets melty.
- Serve with just about anything. This is also really delicious over pasta! And the next time someone turns their nose to peas, serve them this easy dish and spell pea-hater in carrot sticks on the table.