Makes 2 servings. This is so simple, it’s actually embarrassing. However my photos display a brunch I made for just me with the same leftover kale I mention in this post. Clearly, I love kale. Also, I’m terrible at poaching eggs, so instead I cheat. See below.
- 4 large eggs
- Any leftover green veggies you have
Get ready for something really tricky….except subtract the t-r-i-c-k and replace with e-a-s…
- Put eggs into a pot (I use a small one, but any pot will do) and cover them with cool water.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Once water starts boiling, put on a timer and boil for 4-minutes.
- Meanwhile, take leftover veggies and put them in a pan over medium heat. I like to get them to a semi-crispy point. I typically just use cooking spray on the pan because there is enough moisture in the leftovers that they don’t need extra oil.
- (Slide show is below for visual on next few steps) After the eggs have boiled for 4-minutes, gently put eggs in a pasta strainer and pour cold water over them for 1-2 minutes.
- One at a time, take eggs and GENTLY tap against a hard counter all the way around.
- Then roll the egg GENTLY against the counter. This will help make it easy to peel of the shell.
- Peel off the shell.
- Slit eggs in the middle and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve up next to veggies and enjoy. It’ll taste like you paid a lot more for brunch than you actually did.