- 12 ounce salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces (I bought a 6 ounce fillet and cut it into 2 pieces and used half the amount of olive oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper and put it on top of the freshly greased pan.
- Evenly coat both sides of the salmon fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place fillets skin side up on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 8-minutes if you like your salmon on the rare side. I would check it after 8-minutes, see how you feel. I would guess for well done it would be about 12-minutes. Remember, the fish will keep cooking once you pull it out of the oven. I typically pull everything (meat, chicken, fish) off of the heat a little bit before it’s actually finished knowing it will continue to cook a little bit.
- Serve with a lemon wedge.